MLTI Laptop Home Use Procedures
NEPN/NSBA Code: IJNDB-E1
The Yarmouth School Department strongly believes in the power of 1:1 computing in grades 7 through 12. A laptop is being provided. The intent of this initiative is to provide student access to this technology at home as well as at school. In order for this to happen, the following guidelines have been developed and adopted by our school committee:
1. In order to bring a computer home, parents and students must attend a Family Orientation meeting offered by the school.
2. It is the responsibility of the student and parents to know the guidelines attached to this document. Guidelines are reviewed when students receive the laptop and when parents attend the mandatory orientation session.
3. The Student Acceptable Use Policy applies to home use of school issued laptops.
4. The laptop issued to each student is an educational tool and should only be used in that capacity. Students should have no expectations of privacy in their use of the laptop computer.
5. When the laptop is brought home by the student, it is the expectation that it will be used in a common family location so that adult supervision can be maintained. Parents/guardians have the right to their child's login password in order to facilitate in the supervision of the student's computer usage at home.
6. Replacement costs and/or the repair for damages that are not covered by the warranty and that occur to the laptop and its carrying case are the sole responsibility of the undersigned parent/guardian.
7. If the laptop is stolen it should be reported to the Yarmouth Police Department and the principal or assistant principal.
8. Laptops may not be taken out of state as they are not covered by Apple for any kind of loss or damage.
IJNDB Student Technology & Internet Use
Approved: December 12, 2002
Revised: July 12, 2018