At a regular meeting held on Nobvember 18, the Yarmouth School Committee voted to provide each student at Yarmouth High School and Harrison Middle School the option of wearing a mask during extra-curricular athletics/performing arts so long as each of the following seven criteria is met:
1. They are vaccinated.
2. They are participating in pooled testing.
3. They are symptom-free and not a close contact of a positive case of COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
4. They are actively competing/performing (not on the bench/sideline/backstage area, etc.).
5. The facility in which they are competing/performing does not require face coverings.
6. The school against which they are competing allows their students to participate in an activity where others are not masked.
7. There have been no positive cases of COVID-19 among team personnel in the previous 10 days.
This policy does not apply to school-day activities of any type. Masks remain required at all times for all students during the school day.
School administrators are working to operationalize this plan, communicating with families and nearby schools to ensure the policy is implemented as efficiently as possible.