Recently, the Food and Drug Administration granted emergency authorization for the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine to be administered to individuals aged 12 or older (read more here). As a result of this authorization, and with encouragement from the Maine Centers for Disease Control and the Maine Department of Education, Yarmouth Schools have partnered with Northern Light Health to schedule vaccine clinics for students aged 12 and up.
These clinics will be held as follows:
- Wednesday, May 19
- Wednesday, June 9
Both clinics will run from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Harrison Middle School and are open to students, staff, and children of staff.
- To secure a vaccine for your child, please email Northern Light Health by 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 18 at HCHCovid@northernlight.org.
- Put “Yarmouth Schools” as the subject of the email
- Indicate the number of children to be vaccinated in the email
- Northern Light Health will send you an electronic consent form, which includes screening questions, along with a copy of the Pfizer information sheet (a fact sheet on the vaccine for you to review). The consent form must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18. If the registration form is not complete, your child will not be eligible to receive the vaccine.
- If you have insurance, please complete that section of the consent form (although the vaccine is free there are administrative fees that insurance covers). As with the flu vaccine, Northern Light will not turn away those without insurance. If you are unable to complete an online form for any reason, please contact your school nurse to have a paper form sent home.
- The form can be completed over the phone if necessary.
- Students must be 12 years of age by May 19 in order to receive the first vaccination on that date. Students who turn 12 by June 9 may receive their 1st dose on that day and receive the 2nd dose elsewhere.
You may also visit the Northern Light website,
https://northernlighthealth.org/Locations/Home-Care-and-Hospice/Care-Centers-Services/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information, for links to the form and information sheets in multiple languages.
Your assistance in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19 is greatly appreciated.