Volunteering at Yarmouth Schools
If you would like to become a school volunteer at ANY of the Yarmouth Schools please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Volunteer Orientation. The orientation will cover the needs of the teachers at the schools, various volunteer opportunities as well as the procedures and policies of the volunteer program.
If you have attended a volunteer orientation at the Yarmouth School District in the past, it is not necessary to attend an additional meeting. However, a volunteer registration form MUST be completed for the current 2019-2020 school year.
Volunteer Registration Forms
Please complete a separate form for EACH student in your family.
- Rowe Volunteer
- YES Volunteer
- Frank Harrison Middle School Volunteer
- YHS Volunteer
- Mentor Application
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- We are looking for a few families to share the responsibility of care for the garden this Fall. The primary duty would be watering (on dry weeks) and also checking to see if plants need to be trimmed back or pruned. Email email@example.com for additional details.
- Ms. Landry will be working with Ms. Cross, Ms. Lee and Ms. McFarland’s classes on paper mache projects during art this Fall. She is requesting 2-3 volunteers to come and help students on Wednesdays beginning September 18.
- Please add your name to the attached sign-up form if you are able to help.
- Ms. Moreno is planning for her upcoming book fair. She will need assistance with set-up on Friday, October 18 (11AM-1PM) and help during the fair from 10/21-10/25.
- Please access the sign-up sheet through the Scholastic website. You will need to register to sign-up or can email firstname.lastname@example.org with days/times of availability. Below are the general hours for the book fair.
- Friday, 10/18 - 11AM-1PM
- Monday, 10/21 - 10AM-2PM
- Tuesday, 10/22 - 10AM - 7PM
- Wednesday, 10/23 - 10AM - 7PM
- Thursday, 10/24 - 10AM - 2PM
- Friday, 10/25 - 9AM - 3PM
Teen Read Week
- From October 15-18, the Learning Commons at HMS will be transformed into a Literary Cafe to celebrate "Teen Read Week". Students will relax, listen to soft music, and enjoy some treats while reading a great book!
- Please help us make the event festive by supplying food or drinks throughout the week. Items should be delivered on the assigned day at the start of school. Please do not deliver them early as we do not have refrigeration or storage.
- Add your name to the sign-up sheet if you are able to provide items.
- We are looking for one volunteer to assist with the flu clinic from 7:30-9:00 AM on Monday, October 7. Please email email@example.com if you are available.